HomeGrown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

puppies!

Go down

puppies!  Empty puppies!

Post  ChrisG Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:07 pm

I have been eagerly awaiting the arrival of a litter of puppies from my chosen breeder. Well they have arrived - five of them, one black and white, three blue and white and one slate merle. Their father is the son of the most beautiful slate merle collie I have ever seen - Bryning Bright Spark, who sadly died in August, following an accident. If I am successful in getting one of these pups, then I will have his grandson/daughter.

First choice would be the slate merle - I simply love the merle colouring/markings. Second choice would be a blue and white, though I prefer merle and if I ever wanted to breed, I would love to pass on the merle gene (dogs dont carry the gene unless they are merle themselves).

I wont be able to bring him/her home till December, but busy making plans to go and visit the little babies Very Happy 

ChrisG

Back to top Go down

puppies!  Empty Re: puppies!

Post  ChrisG Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:15 am

Should have updated this long ago, but forgot about it!

We collected our chosen puppy on November 4th. She was so tiny and fluffy, but settled down right away in the crate in the back of the car. We didn't hear a peep out of her, but we kept stopping to allow her to eat, drink and toilet. I was amazed at how well she travelled, considering she was so young and this was her first time away from home.

Anyway, that was five months ago and she has grown enormously! She is a happy pup, who enjoys walks, meals, playing and going to puppy class. She learns pretty quickly most of the time, but we find she will learn things we don't want her to learn much faster than the things we do! But then she's a collie, and that, apparently, is how they are. She is rarely still, so it isn't very restful, but she is soo good, we will let her off being always on the go. As OH says, we prefer a dog with a bit of character - and she certainly has lots of that!

ChrisG

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum